I think I've done a LOT  for Sage - I would request you do not
purposely break the PA-RISC support in MPIR, when it clearly passes
all your self tests on HP-UX. I do not believe thiat is an
unreasonable request.

I take issue with the claim that you have done "a LOT" for Sage. Let me be clear: I appreciate the effort you put into porting Sage to other architectures. But I question how many people are interested in actually using Sage on those architectures. You can read the obvious frustration Bill Hart feels around supporting flint and other software on these unusual architectures. I want to make it clear that he is not the only one frustrated with the recent emphasis on porting issues that are unlikely to affect me.

By and large, we are a community of mathematicians. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you are not contributing to the mathematical aspects of Sage. Until that changes, your goals and my goals are only occasionally aligned.

Nick Alexander