Actually, this is really silly. The must be a multitude of packages
for Solaris which are distributed with binaries and which need these
libraries. How do they deal with this issue?

Is there a package installation system like apt-get or yum or rpm on
Solaris? They must surely deal with this issue somehow?

Bill.