Minh Nguyen wrote:
Hi Dima,

2) eventually, in order to prevent these things getting personal, it
might be good to have a possibility to anonymise reviewing.

Most of the time, reviewers are also people who contribute a lot to
improving a patch. We don't want make such contributors anonymous, but
instead to properly credit their ideas, contributions, patches. With
reviewers listed on tickets, I think this encourages them to be more
careful and thorough in their reviews.

I understand Dima's frustration. I think if he feels someone is being rude/uncooperative, then it is better to take no further part in the review process. Let someone else take the responsibility for approval. I have in one such case asked that my name is not added to the "Reviewer" list, as I do not want it recorded that I gave a positive review to something I feel does not warrant it.

It is somewhat embarrassing when you give a positive review to a patch that you later find out should not have been given that positive review, because it is flawed in some way. Hence there is a motivation to ensure one is thorough in reviewing the ticket.

If the review process was to become anonymous, then the I believe the quality of reviews would drop.

Dave