I'm trying to find a workaround for my particular example, can someone
help ?

Somehow i've managed to compute separately a polynomial A and another
one B, such that A/B is what I'm trying to compute. However asking
sage

sage: A/B

just takes ages (exactly how long i was not patient enough to find
out, certainly several minutes, and i'm supposed to re-create the
computations hundreds of times!)

i've thought of using PARI:

sage: s= gp.eval( "(" + str(A) + ")  /  (" + str(B) + ")"  )

gives an immediate (!) answer in the form of a massive string. When
trying to convert this to a sage object with

sage: QQ['t'].fraction_field(s)

it still takes forever.

Is there a more clever of converting the string to a sage rational
fraction ? say, by telling sage not to check that the numerator and
denominator are relatively prime...

thanks!