i'm on 4.3 (and said so already, look again :-) )

so there's little hope. It seems to be possible to multiply rational
fractions by passing them to pari, which returns a string, then parse
the string with regular expressions to get the numerator and
denominator, and then try :

result=
sage.rings.fraction_field_element.FractionFieldElement(
QQ['t'].fraction_field(),
numerator, denominator, coerce= True, reduce= False )

(reduce= False being the most important thing)

but it's a bit complicated isn't it ?