On 26 Mai, 19:23, William Stein <wst...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday, May 26, 2010, leif <not.rea...@online.de> wrote:

> > I think it would make more sense to include Cephes in Cygwin, with
> > your patches.
>
> >> I vote
>
> >>    [ X ]   Yes!
>
> > <flame> I want additional 2,4 MB in the Sage source distribution that
> > are only needed on !"#$%& (which already requires further
> > prerequisites, currently not included in Sage). </flame>
>
> >>    [     ]  No, I don't want Sage to work on Windows.
>
> > There are other alternatives.
>
> Such as?

* As I said above, incorporate it into Cygwin.

* Provide an optional spkg.

* Provide (it with) Cygwin or a "patch" to Cygwin.

* Run Sage in VirtualBox on Windows.

* Use the Sage notebook interface in Windows, the server running on a
proper operating system ;-)

Note that Cephes is a general package not really related to Sage, and
useful/required for porting/building other software to/with Cygwin as
well.

-Leif