I get confused with the directions about running in virtual box (-:
I think  it should be OK and very possible to create virtual
machines, say within virtual box within Windows Vista and install
Linux in those VMs , then go ahead and install Sage on the Linux.
i.e. (Windows Vista (Virtual Box(UBUNTU 10.10(Sage))))
Now the Linux doesn't have anything LIKE a wall clock, so I
would have to ASSUME that Atlas would blow itself up
on the timing, other than that I see no GOOD reason to not put
ANY pre-built sage in a virtual machine within Virtual Box.
I may try that if/when I get a good build under UBUNTU 10.10

SO FAR my build with atlas-3.8.3.p17 is running successfully,
it has gone WAY past the Atlas install.