On Dec 18, 7:58 pm, Volker Braun <vbraun.n...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The tuning is done in the "configure" script. I would have thought that if
No, I don't think so. Atlas's INSTALL.txt says:

"For the impatient, here is the basic outline:
   mkdir my_build_dir ; cd my_build_dir
   /path/to/ATLAS/configure [flags]
   make              ! tune and compile library
...."

And I actually had success with this....

> that fails and you run "make" then you'd just build ATLAS with broken
> timings. Do you have a reference?

can't find it now.  But I'm pretty sure that's how it is.