I'm not an expert of the matter, but I'm the user who made the comment
and I'd like to add that I don't have problems with sites that use
port 8080 while I can't connect to sites that use port 8000, for
example I can't connect to

http://t2nb.math.washington.edu:8000/

So I think that switching from 8000 to 8080 could solve the problem. I
repeat that I'm not expert of the argument, I just tell you what
happens from my office PC.

Thanks and regards

Tiziano