To provide a networking perspective of thing, 8080 would be an
expected and sensible default port for HTTP traffic.  If the server is
running HTTPS (i.e. notebook(secure=True)) then 8443 would be
expected.  The main issue I could see with changing the default is
that individuals running with the default port may have configured
their firewall for port 8000, and will then find their access
unexpectly broken upon upgrade if the default port changes.

Adam