On 20 December 2010 14:39, Adam Voss <vossa...@luther.edu> wrote:

> On Dec 2, 5:45 am, David Kirkby <david.kir...@onetel.net> wrote:
>> Perhaps this is something we could change when Sage 5.0 is released.
>> People can expect more compatibility issues when using a major
>> upgrade.
>
> Would it be proper then to open a trac ticket with a patch against the
> 5.0 milestone, or just wait and see once 5.0 is more imminent?

I could easily open a ticket and produce a patch, but there has not
been an agreement on whether this is a good idea or not.

Does anyone else have any comments about breaking backwards
compatibility and making the Sage server default to port 8080, rahter
than the current 8000?

Port 8080 is designated as an alternative HPPT server, whereas 8000 is
designated for an Intel Remote Desktop Management Interface, so 8080
is usually open for firewalls, but 8000 is not.

Dave