> One thought is to make it clearer what is happening.  Would a pop-up
> progress window indicating which applet is loading help with the way
> it feels?  Long term, I will probably make it so that old pages load

Yes.  But that can be added after this.  Let's make sure your valuable
improvements actually make it in before adding more stuff.

> with all the applets replaced by static images, but this requires
> changes to the plot3d functions.  I was worrying about the interface
> first.

Can you expand on this?  Do you mean that any given page would have a
static image, and it would only turn into an applet if one clicked on
it (or evaluated it)?  Or do you mean that only pages produced before
this change would do so, or ...?

- kcrisman