On Thu, 14 Apr 2011 13:07 +1000, Minh Van Nguyen wrote:
> Have a group of people who could create accounts; I volunteer to be a
> member of that group. Whenever someone wants an account, get the
> person to email those people. I've been managing spam tickets a lot
> lately; it's time consuming.

I'm almost certainly overthinking this, but: we have people making
requests (for trac accounts) and a group of people who can fulfill the
requests.

It would be nice if there was some queue-like system -- a mailing list,
website, etc -- that would keep track of this. Perhaps send an email to
everyone when a request comes in, and then when someone completes the
request, the system sends another email ("nevermind, Minh did it"). Such
a system would make it easy to have a group of people handling trac
account creation.

Surely something like that must have been reinvented many times by
people like me who take simple tasks and build complicated,
generalizable solutions to accomplish them...

Dan

--
---  Dan Drake
-----  http://mathsci.kaist.ac.kr/~drake