Hi Dan,

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 2:29 PM, Dan Drake <dr...@kaist.edu> wrote:
> I'm almost certainly overthinking this, but: we have people making
> requests (for trac accounts) and a group of people who can fulfill the
> requests.

OK. First gather a support base of people who are willing to volunteer
as account managers on Trac.

> It would be nice if there was some queue-like system -- a mailing list,
> website, etc -- that would keep track of this. Perhaps send an email to
> everyone when a request comes in, and then when someone completes the
> request, the system sends another email ("nevermind, Minh did it"). Such
> a system would make it easy to have a group of people handling trac
> account creation.

Then set up some automated infrastructure to keep the above managers
in the loop. Say a Google Group, called sage-trac.

So let's set up a Google Group called sage-trac. Anyone who currently
has admin privileges on trac would be (invited to) subscribed to that
group.

> Surely something like that must have been reinvented many times by
> people like me who take simple tasks and build complicated,
> generalizable solutions to accomplish them...

Some project teams allow anonymous comments on tickets and even open a
new ticket as anonymous. But everything is subject to review prior to
being accepted. That's just too much work for any group of people.

--
Regards
Minh Van Nguyen