> Hi Francois,

> > > It might be cleaner to add these to the make.defaults file for
> > > portage. Then we won't confuse the user with the extra lines in
> > > make.conf. I will revise the patch for make.defaults.
> >
> > OK.
> >
> > > There is a mercurial repository which you can pull from in
> > >
> > > http://sage.math.washington.edu/home/burcin/portage
> >
> > If we are seriously working on this I'll be more concerned about
> > finding somewhere to host a clone and push [google code comes to mind]
>
> I added support for logging and put the repository on bitbucket:
>
> https://bitbucket.org/burcin/sage-prefix
>
> I will be heading home now. No time to make a new tarball
> unfortunately.
>
> Tomorrow, I will try to look into Volker's problem with NTL. You are
> probably right and it is caused by the wrapper not working as expected.
>
> Removing the sse2 use flag makes the gf2x build crash. Should NTL
> depend on gf2x conditionally?

That's not normal. Could you forward me the failing log? As for conditional
dependency it used to be that way but I don't see a reason to change it.

I have started populating your tree - it is not complete yet. I think I
haven't put any autotools which will be an extra requirement compared to
vanilla sage. I will also create a virtual/gmp so we can switch between mpir
and gmp. I am not sure how complete this is yet. I'll have to test from the
mac :)

Francois

This email may be confidential and subject to legal privilege, it may
not reflect the views of the University of Canterbury, and it is not
guaranteed to be virus free. If you are not an intended recipient,
please notify the sender immediately and erase all copies of the message
and any attachments.

Please refer to http://www.canterbury.ac.nz/emaildisclaimer for more
information.