On Sat, 7 May 2011 06:42:10 -0700 (PDT)
Volker Braun <vbraun.n...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Saturday, May 7, 2011 2:29:27 PM UTC+1, Burcin Erocal wrote:
> >
> > This tarball should also solve Volker's problem where ntl couldn't
> > find gf2x. I realized that I completely misunderstood what exactly
> > the compilerwrapper does. After all it was necessary to add the
> > include and library paths to CFLAGS. I plan to patch
> > compilerwrapper in the future to do this itself.
> >

> Since there is already the standard CFLAGS variable I didn't
> implement an extra WRAPPER_CFLAGS. Could be done, of course, but
> CFLAGS is generally well-supported so why reinvent the wheel.

I want the compiler wrapper to handle building programs within the
prefix without the user having to keep track of the prefix root, etc.
The prefix should be easy to use as a development environment for math
software, where all the core libraries are already present.

> A more interesting option might be to use the compilerwrapper to
> check that every package respects CFLAGS. That is, set
> CFLAGS='CFLAGS_TAG' and then remove it from the gcc command line in
> the compilerwrapper (or abort if it is missing).

This might be an issue for Sage, but I don't think it is needed if we
take gentoo ebuilds. At least I hope their QA process makes sure these
work as intended.

Cheers,
Burcin