On Saturday, May 7, 2011 2:29:27 PM UTC+1, Burcin Erocal wrote:

> This tarball should also solve Volker's problem where ntl couldn't find
> gf2x. I realized that I completely misunderstood what exactly the
> compilerwrapper does. After all it was necessary to add the include and
> library paths to CFLAGS. I plan to patch compilerwrapper in the future
> to do this itself.

Since there is already the standard CFLAGS variable I didn't implement an
extra WRAPPER_CFLAGS. Could be done, of course, but CFLAGS is generally
well-supported so why reinvent the wheel.

A more interesting option might be to use the compilerwrapper to check that
every package respects CFLAGS. That is, set CFLAGS='CFLAGS_TAG' and then
remove it from the gcc command line in the compilerwrapper (or abort if it
is missing).