I have tried to run it on my "desktop notebook": Athlon 64 3000
(1.8GHz, 1 core), 2 Gb RAM (maximum possible), Windows XP Professional
32-bit. I was pretty sure it will not run given the guest memory size,
but I got the following, which does not refer to memory:
================
Failed to open a session for the virtual machine Sage 4.7.rc2

AMD-V is not available. (VERR_SVM_NO_SYM).

Unknown error creating VM (VERR_SVM_NO_SYM).
================
Then I changed guest RAM to 1Gb. It started and showed during boot
that it requires 64-bit and detected only 32.

I think that the machine should be configured to run "as is" on as
many computers, including old ones, as possible. Perhaps 1 core, 512Mb
RAM, 32-bit should be the default and installation instructions can
mention that you can easily adjust the first two parameters according
to your particular hardware, but it is optional. As for 32/64 I think
the best option is to have two images, since with automatic script it
should not be a problem to maintain both.

Thank you,
Andrey