Hi!

On the one hand, I need multiplication of square matrices over finite
non-prime fields. From the things readily available in Sage (+ my
MeatAxe wrapper), MeatAxe is best, the native Sage implementation
sucks, and the trick described in the Boothby-Bradshaw paper (using
LinBox for the prime field under the hood) is almost as good as
MeatAxe even in naive implementation.

On the other hand, I need multiplication of square matrices with
vectors, again over non-prime fields. Here, Meataxe is clearly best.
Over GF(125), multiplication of a 2000x2000 matrix with a 2000x1
matrix takes 24.6 ms, native Sage needs 327 ms, and the Boothby-
Bradshaw trick needs 109 ms. The problem is that LinBox appears to be
rather slow in multiplying a 2000x2000 matrix with a 2000x1 matrix
over GF(5) -- slower than native Sage, actually.

But I suppose that there is a special LinBox function for
multiplication with a vector. How is that function called? Is it
wrapped?

Things are getting confusing. I need a break.

Best regards,
Simon