On Nov 6, 4:40 am, Jeroen Demeyer <jdeme...@cage.ugent.be> wrote:
> I just tried to do this for sage-4.8.alpha1 and the problem is reviewer
> patches.  If a ticket has a "main" patch adding new trailing whitespace
> and a "reviewer" ticket changing those lines, then removing new trailing
> whitespace from patches creates conflicts.

In that case one solution would be to generate a "whitespace
correction patch". This should be scriptable:
 - start from baseline version (*)
 - apply all patches of a ticket (**)
 - find which lines have changed between (*) and (**)
 - generate a patch that fixes whitespace problems on those changed
lines and apply on top.
I'm pretty sure hg can do the heavy lifting for this (i.e., finding
which lines etc.)

Of course the amount of work needed to implement this might not be
justified by the benefits it produces.
It would only touch lines that are changing anyway, so it should not
force rebasing of additional patches.