> Although I think checking attachments *before* they get attached is
quite different.

No, that's not what I meant. The listener bot would notice that a patch had
been posted, fix it, and then overwrite it by posting to the trac ticket
like a normal user, posting a comment with a diff on the patch to show what
it changed. Trac doesn't save overwritten attachments, but the main purpose
of this listener would be to save attachments and comments on disk in a
repo per ticket (to provide better revision history of progress on a
ticket). Or, it could just post the diff without actually overwriting the
patch, and just call it a recommendation.

-Keshav