Yes, of course there would be some delay. The repo could be disposed of if
the ticket was merged into a full release, so disk usage would not build up
too much. And keep in mind that if we were doing normal commits and
pull-requests etc. instead of developing polished patches on trac and
applying them with the merger script, all this would be occurring in the
main sage trunk anyway :) Of course, I haven't thought this through very
carefully, but let's discuss it on IRC instead as this is getting off topic
:)

-Keshav

----
Join us in #sagemath on irc.freenode.net !