On Sunday, 15 January 2012 06:37:34 UTC+8, Jason Grout wrote:

> On 1/14/12 1:49 PM, William Stein wrote:
> > Do I have to install special fonts?  What am I doing wrong?   If this
> > is really what MathJax looks like, I definitely don't want to switch
> > to MathJax.
>

> I pushed a fix to test.sagenb.org.  The default now should be to use TeX
> local fonts, then TeX web fonts.  When Lion is fixed, or MathJax 2.0 is
> released, we can re-enable STIX fonts and look at them then.

AFAIK this is only configurable at the server side.
IMHO it must be at least client-side tweakable: e.g., it's totally unclear
to me how TeX local fonts are looked for on the client side.

For me with MacOSX and TeXLive installed at some not so standard location I
never see
local fonts used.
How does one deal with this?

Thanks,