Hi all,

I feel a little bad for spending time on this while others are finalizing
the flask notebook and doing other preparations for Sage 5.0, but on a whim
I started mirroring the Sage library on GitHub. It's not very useful right
now since we can't accept pull requests, but there we are. It's a long
shot, but who knows, it might attract a new developer or two.

I converted the Mercurial repository to git using the hg-git tool Jason
used to convert the Sage notebook a couple weeks ago, though I had to hack
it a little bit to get past some corruption caused by a commit whose
username was malformed ("Name >email@address>"). Our .hgtags seems to
transfer across fine, too. Interestingly, while our Mercurial repo's data
store is 55 MB, the git one is only 32 MB. Quite a surprising difference, I
thought. I also made a few branch pointers on the git repo, for future
tracking of releases from Jeroen, but I'll let the README I added on GitHub
explain about that.

You can see it at http://github.com/sagemath/sagelib . Hopefully we can use
it as more than a mirror someday! I welcome any comments or suggestions :)

-Keshav

----
Join us in #sagemath on irc.freenode.net !