>> After building Sage on OS X 10.7, "make test" did this:
>
> For the record, running tests with "sage -t devel/sage/sage" yields
> hundred(s) of failing files:
>
>   http://wstein.org/home/wstein/tmp/test-sage-5.0.beta1-osx10.7.txt
>
> It could be that most of these boil down to some code at the core of
> PARI (the bezout function) being miscompiled.
>
> There is a discussion about this from August 2011 here:
>
>   http://pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr/archives/pari-dev-1108/msg00000.html
>
> It unfortunately appears based on the mailing list -- and searching
> through the ** 5 months ** since then -- that nothing at all was done
> to try to fix the problem, even though I had setup access to 10.7 for
> the Pari developers.   Probably the main problem is that the machine I
> setup -- sqrt5.math.washington.edu -- is on the CS network, and for
> some reason it keeps getting kicked off.
>
> This really sucks.   Maybe I can rewrite their bezout to get around
> the problem.

William, I am in the same building as Karim and Bill for the rest of
this week.  Can you explain to me what the problem is (*) so I can
talk to them?  They have a Pari-Days all next week in Bordeaux and I
may persuade them that this is worth them spending time on.

(*) OK so I read through that thread.  Maybe a personal reminder that
this is still outstanding would help...

John