In the single-cell server, I just added a javascript library [1] which maps touch events to mouse clicks for the jquery ui controls (before now, for example, sliders wouldn't work on iOS). I've pushed the results to aleph.sagemath.org. This means that, for example, you can drag sliders with your fingers on iOS.

Can people test this functionality before we try to add it to the sage notebook? If you have an iOS or Android device, create an interact at aleph.sagemath.org and try manipulating the controls. The author says the code is not thoroughly tested, etc, but it does seem to work well.

Thanks,

Jason

[1] https://github.com/furf/jquery-ui-touch-punch and http://furf.com/exp/touch-punch/