Le jeudi 09 février, Jason Grout a écrit:
> What about cmake?  That also seems pretty popular, and, for example,
> KDE switched from autotools to cmake.
>
> Disclaimer: I know almost nothing about writing either autotools
> things or cmake things.

I had a look at cmake years ago when I wanted to port ekiga to win32 ;
it wasn't supporting cross-compilation back then, so it was out for
this reason. [Reminder: ekiga's win32 is built&packaged on linux
systems, using mingw.]

I think it does support cross-compilation now, but I don't know how
good it is. Perhaps it would be worth asking the kde developpers.

Notice that cmake is a build-time dependency, whereas autotools
aren't ; for a project which doesn't consider bzip2 a given, that might
be too much...

Food for thought.

Snark on #sagemath