Le mardi 06 mars, Jeroen Demeyer a écrit:
> On 2012-03-06 10:29, Julien Puydt wrote:
> > Will you take it bad if I notice a good chunk of those problems
> > exist just because sage has an organization where each spkg is a
> > separate versioned project hidden in a binary archive?
> Of course, I agree that the organization of spkgs could be a lot
> better, but that's not the point of this thread.

I think it is : if sage had an (unversioned?) upstream/ directory
containing the raw archives of upstream sources, and all the rest
correctly versioned in a single tree, then :
- each development version would naturally be based on the previous
  one ;
- there would be no point checking for "uncommitted changes" in a
  hundred places ;
- there would be no "missing files" (they would show up in
  "whatever-dvcs status") ;
- etc.

Snark on #sagemath