On Mar 6, 2:35 pm, "Georg S. Weber" <georgswe...@googlemail.com>
wrote:
> The downside is, that if two (or more) patches collide (which may not
> easily (or shall not) be put in one and the same "series of patches",
> for whatever reason), only one can win --- and all the others have to
> be rebased on the "then next" official Sage version.

Well, in my opinion it is -- to some extent -- [also] up to the
release manager to coordinate concurrent or conflicting changes (as he/
she is very likely to notice them, provided he/she attempts to merge
the corresponding tickets, and performs tests -- note that some
conflicts may show up only later, during builds or testing), during
the preparation of a release, such that one (or a ticket) doesn't
necessarily have to "wait for the next [official] release".

Some conflicts are easy or even trivial to solve, others are not; but
it's also an important task to (asap) make developers aware of
potential conflicts, and tell them on which tickets/patches they'll
have to or should [re]base their work.

-leif