On Apr 11, 2012, at 8:43 AM, Florent Hivert wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 06:10:50PM -0500, Jason Grout wrote:
>> On 4/10/12 5:56 PM, Florent Hivert wrote:
>>> Hum ! As I said, I'm not the maintainer of the package and this is going
>>> quickly out of my expertise range...
>>
>> Is there a maintainer?  You might be the closest thing we have to a
>> maintainer.  The original author has not been active in Sage
>> development for quite some time.
>
> I had an e-mail exchange with Nick Alexander last December and he was quite
> responsive. He integrated a patch I wrote within a few days. He created the
> bitbucket repository at the occasion. He also accepted a pull request from
> Ivan Andrus less than one month ago. So I won't say he's gone.

When I sent him the pull request he said he wasn't really active and asked if I
wanted to be the maintainer.  I could certainly be *a* maintainer, though I'm
not too familiar with the code.  Luckily emacs-lisp is really easy to debug.
I'll see if I can reproduce this.

FWIW, I've been meaning to make an spkg with my changes (adding AUCTeX support
for SageTeX).  It would also include customization of the preamble and possibly
a fix for this problem.

I've also been considering adding it to one of the package.el repositories
(probably MELPA).  Do emacs users think this would be a better/easier way to
get sage-mode?  For me I think it would be easier since I wouldn't have to run
`sage -i sage-mode` whenever I install a new version of sage.  OTOH, I also
have to install gap-packages, so perhaps I should just add a feature to sage
that installs a list of packages (if they aren't already) upon startup or
installation.  Or hopefully it's already there and someone will point it out to
me.  :-)

-Ivan