On Nov 12, 1:47 pm, Jeroen Demeyer <jdeme...@cage.ugent.be> wrote:
> And for added fun: this time the error isn't always reproducible.

That's excellent news! Just keep trying until it's not reproducible
anymore. Then we're fine!

Seriously though, given that the bug pops up in the same file as
before indicates that probably the deletion of a similar kind of
object is to blame here. We just need to keep trying until we find a
way to consistently produce the error on a platform with reasonable
debugging tools.

Incidentally: Are PPC-OSX4 (or where-ever the problem earlier arose)
and i686 both 32 bit platforms? My bet is singular, since we know
refcounting there (or at least our interfacing with it) is handled
fishily and a previous issue indicated that omalloc is almost taylor-
made to generate different problems on different wordlengths.