Hi!

#13864 coordinates the efforts on getting a debug version for Sage. It
almost works, in the sense of "all but less than a handful of tests
pass"!! In particular, it seems that my memleak fixes from #715 and
related tickets are sane...

Remaining issues:

* We need to upgrade zodb, or to get rid of it. It seems to me that the
  decision isn't made yet, and it needs work. Anyway, upgrading zodb
  would do the job, so, it may be a short-time solution, even if it will
  eventually be decided to replace zodb by something else.
* In sage/misc/memory_info.py, MemoryInfo().available_swap() returns
  zero, but it is expected to return a positive number. No idea where
  that comes from.
* There is one crash in sage/combinat/tiling.py: Sage's debug version
  allows to test assertions in headers, and there is a failing assertion
  in sage/combinat/matrices/dancing_links_c.h, line 217. I already
  reported on sage.combinat-devel.
* Similarly, an assertion fails in groebner/include/polybori/groebner/
  PolyEntryVector.h, line 74:
  Assertion `m_indices.checked(back().lead) == (size_type)-1' failed.

Could a PolyBoRi expert chime in, open a new ticket for this problem,
and make it a new dependency for #13864? I'll not be able to do this
myself, in the next couple of hours.

Best regards,
Simon