On Friday, June 21, 2013 10:43:13 PM UTC+2, Dima Pasechnik wrote:
> I think a decorator like this makes the code unreadable, and if it can
> be avoided then it should be avoided.

+1

My opinion is very close to the one of Dima in this thread. I believe we
should avoid to spread such decorator in the Sage code base.

Results of computations made by FindStat shoud not depend on the number of
combinatorial map decorators that are in the Sage code. There might be some
interesting results that FindStat could find but does not just because
there is no decorators for it. In the long term, the actual design tends to
add decorators to more and more methods in Sage to improve FindStat and I
do not agree with this. I think FindStat should return the best results
possible no matter the presence/absence of decorators.

Sébastien