Hello !

> Please propose a mechanism that
>   * Only occupies a single line of code

I propose that we immediately strip Sage's sources of all its `\n`

>   * Outside of the method body, so it is separated from the actual
implementation

I propose that we shuffle the lines of each file, and keep it running until
everything that is find_stat related lies outside of the related method.

>   * But not in a separate file, since that is hard to keep in sync

Let us also put all Sage's code in a unique file.

>   * If it appears in the documentation, it must be doctestable and flag
syntax errors

We should also implement something that screams when the names of the
variables used in the doctests are french words. I do this mistake often.

More seriously, wouldn't changing the decorator to something that registers
the method and not change it do the trick ? We could also add entries
manually to the database, that is without creating the corresponding method.

It's highly probable that these two ideas may have been mentionned in this
mailing list already.

Nathann