I agree with Volker: any plan which involves rewriting the history of your
branch to make it "nicer" is a very bad idea.  Once you push changes to
trac, you really should not go back and rewrite your commits.  Even if you
decide you don't want some code that you introduced, you should introduce a
new commit that deletes the code rather than removing old commits and
force-pushing your branch.

This is a fundamental difference between using patches and using revision
control properly.  You just can't do this kind of thing without causing
anyone else who's based work on your ticket a lot of pain.  And you won't
even know who they are: they may not have pushed their work to a trac
ticket yet.

TLDR; don't rewrite history.
David