Hi Ralf,

On 2013-11-05, Ralf Hemmecke <hemme...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Good to know! I did not test yet. Is there any manual intervention
>> needed, if X is disjoint from the changes introduced in B?
>
> No. A merge conflict can only happen, if X builds (depends) on changes
> that are introduced in B, since these changes would not be there in the
> A-C branch.

Good. So, would you (and other people) agree that the effort needed to
rebase X on top of A-C' is always (i.e., also in the case of conflicts)
the same as the effort needed to rebase X on top of A-B-C-D (where D
reverts B)?

If you agree, then let me repeat my question: Why do some people believe
that changing A-B-C into A-B-C-D is better than changing it into A-C'?
Because in this case I really don't get the argument.

Best regards,
Simon