> > So, I would be really thankful if someone would clarify that
> > whether the notebook view will be continued?
>  > if it's going to be replaced, what's the replacement?
>
> I think the main successor of the sage notebook is William's Sage Cloud
> project at cloud.sagemath.com.

Well, "successor" implies that the notebook is to be replaced. Is that the
plan?

I ask because we have for the past two years listed on our GSoC "ideas
page" a project on "interactive 2d plots". I added it there, and we've had
students submit proposals in the past. I thought one of the proposals was
actually quite good, but the group chose not to fund it.

If the 2d notebook is on its way out, we should probably remove that, so
that students don't waste their time with proposals that won't be accepted.
Indeed, my initial reaction to seeing this thread was to link to our ideas
page.

regards
john perry