I have mentioned that in another forum the issue of the naming of the
language was raised.
Wolfram actually had a competition of sorts, but ultimately his ego won,
and he just
named it Wolfram.

Here's what I wrote..

There are so many wonderful ideas from Stephen, and he explains how this
language is so superior to any mere programming language -- it is more like
natural language and has so so many features (though, wouldn't the language
be stripped of the thousands of Mathematica library routines?)

Oh also a name should naturally honor Stephen Himself, the
Inventor, copyright holder, and owner of the world's best computer
programming language.

What features could be emphasized in a name?  Perhaps a short list
of good candidates for acronym initials....

Applications
Expressions, Evaluation
Graphics
Functions, Forms
Objects,
Rules, Recursion
Transformations, Trees

AEGFORT  has the letters alphabetically.
GREATFO
FORGETA
TAFORGE
ROGFATE
FORTAGE

and my favorite, one which combines all these features,
and expresses the essence of what that language means to
Stephen Wolfram and simultaneously reflects what it looks
like to programming language experts...

EGOFART