I think there is poor usability of a menu that pops up like this -- where
the
menu changes depending upon the selection.   When the menu is standardized
as in file-edit-view   etc, and the sub-menus are always the same (but with
perhaps
some options dimmed), the user can learn from past exposure to the menu
and this is far superior.  When the menu is different each time, and there
is a
strong possibility that the proper choice is "none of these", I can't get
too
enthusiastic.  If someone has some human factors experiments to show that
this is useful, I suppose my anecdotal info could be off base.
RJF