> But the fact remains that Lisp is quite an obscure languge.
>>>
>> I'm not sure what you mean by obscure --- I'll assume that you are just
>> observing that
>> most programmers are unfamiliar with it.  They are instead familiar with
>> C, Java, Basic,  (see the tiobe survey).
>>

> I wrote a little bit of code in lisp many years ago but have never found a
> use for it since. I have to admit that even the general negativity and lack
> of objectiveness in rjf's posts make me less likely to rush out and try and
> write something in it now. I know that this is unfair to lisp, but it's
> guilt by association...

To be fair, Clojure has a fairly decent user base for (apparently) pretty
good reasons - enough so that I saw some random dude hacking at the airport
once, and it turned out it was in Clojure for some enterprise application.
 I don't think I'll ever see anyone doing that in some other 'obscure'
languages.

For those looking for a laugh, check out http://clochure.org/ .  I have to
admit, their list of reasons to use it is short, but somehow makes sense
when they say it.  Not that brackets should replace parentheses everywhere
(such as in defining mathematical functions...).

- kcrisman