> IMHO the most convenient place is to look in the git history, this also
> works if you don't currently have internet access for starters. The
> git-trac script implements this:
>
> $ git trac find 4f8b380

Commit has been merged in 6.4.rc1.

Very useful, but perhaps not so much to people who are only users, not
developers.   Though this could be something to encourage me to use git
trac finally.

> If you want me to update the "merged in" field on trac then post a PR to
> the git-trac script (which includes the release management scripts).

I would very much like to but I doubt I have the technical capability to do
so in a reasonable amount of time.  :-(

>> I have missed the discussion which led to not using the field "merged in"
>> anymore. What were the reasons? Simply lack of manpower to write a script
>> modifying the "merged in" fields once a new develop release is made? Or
>> not
>> wanting to feed redundant information into trac when it is visible on the
>> git
>> command line, anyway?

I think mostly because each release manager has their own style and
scripts, which is reasonable.  Redundancy is definitely not always bad, so
I hope that wasn't the reason.