Hey Simon,
   Are you merging develop into every branch? If so, then you're doing
things wrong. If you have A <- B, then you should merge develop into A,
then merge A into B. If you get any more conflicts, then it's from the
implementation of B. Also if you don't get any conflicts then any branch
which depends on B should just merge into A (addressing Nathann's issue of
minimizing commits).

Best,
Travis