Hi Travis,

On 2014-12-21, Travis Scrimshaw <tsc...@ucdavis.edu> wrote:
> Hey Simon,
>    Are you merging develop into every branch?

I merge develop in a branch only if there is a merge conflict to be
resolved, or (as is the case now) if otherwise the branch wouldn't build
for reasons that are unrelated with my branch. And I would only merge it
into the "lowest" branch, and then merge each branch into the next
higher branch.

> If so, then you're doing
> things wrong. If you have A <- B, then you should merge develop into A,
> then merge A into B.

That's what I do.

> If you get any more conflicts, then it's from the
> implementation of B.

That's what I expected to happen, but I'm afraid my experience with git
is that it doesn't meet expectations.

> Also if you don't get any conflicts then any branch
> which depends on B should just merge into A

I don't understand that sentence. If C depends on B which depends on A,
why should I merge C into A?

Best regards,
Simon