Hi,

during the talk about coding theory rewrite at sd66, we were discussing
about the groups of people starting to develop some code for Sage and
waiting to have something ready and clean to start submitting (e.g.
matroids, finite state machines, manifolds), which could lead to a
patchbomb that will sometimes just not be reviewed. There was also some
GSOC projects that were not merged after a long period of separate
development still waiting for a review.

One reason invoked was the fear of letting something entering Sage, and
then not beong able to modify it easily, because of deprecation policy.

What should be the right way to avoid that ?

Should we offer a kind of test-sage ? Should we propose a kind of
proprecation warning that says "This code is very new and its design is not
foolproof. Its design might change.".

What do you think ?

Ciao,
Thierry