If a group of people want to work on an isolated feature they could always
fork Sage and review each other's stuff as they go along. The only downside
is that they can't use use our trac to split it into subtasks as our git
viewer would always show the entire branch, not the subtask branch. But
there are lots of other options, from just plain git to github's web
interface.

As a corollary, if you are a single dev working in isolation on a big and
non-modular chunk of code then you need help ;-)