On 2015-05-08 11:12, Clemens Heuberger wrote:
On 2015-05-07 06:15, Clemens Heuberger wrote:
Am 2015-05-07 um 03:42 schrieb leif:
I might be wrong, but isn't it trivial to check whether the branch of a
ticket changed (after you merged it into some preliminary release)?

It is easy to check. But what if it did change? This might lead to an infinite
cycle, as outlined before.
No, please read what I posted before:

5. If any of the merged tickets do not correspond to the tested tickets, there
are several actions I could take:
* The change is minor (for example, a typo in the documentation): assume that
buildbot tests still pass and just accept the change.
* The change is major and we want a new release soon: re-open the ticket on
Trac, make a new release without this ticket.
* The change is major but we really want the ticket in this release: keep the
tickets closed and test again on the buildbots.

The choice between the 3 options above is made by the release manager and only
the third one can potentially lead to an infinite loop.

I do not think I understand your option 2: what do you mean with "re-open" on
trac?

Assume that a ticket is set to "positive_review" on saturday; the RM tries to
merge a ticket on sunday, runs some tests, on monday, somebody finds an issue,
sets the ticket to "needs_work", the author fixes it, sets it back to
"needs_review", somebody sets it to "positive_review" again. On tuesday, the
RM's tests complete, the commits do not match, what does now re-open mean?
You should really read my earlier post about this, the point 5. refered to actions *after* closing the ticket, so re-open means changing from "closed" to "new".