I looked at the singular patch, regarding the use of nothrow new.
I dug up "ticket #852" which lead to that patch.
In all honesty, it looks like singular is doing something wrong,
so "fixing" NTL is just the wrong thing to do.
So I won't implement that patch in NTL.
This is a problem that should be fixed in singular, if it hasn't
been already.