Thanks David,

On Sun, Dec 11, 2016 at 7:02 AM, David Roe <roed.m...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The issue is with the simplification of the expression, rather than the
> latex function.  The following currently works:
>
> sage: latex(x.mul(x.power(-1),hold=True))
> \frac{x}{x}
>
> Is this sufficient for your purposes?  If not, the relevant code is in
> sage/symbolic/expression.pyx (it's a big file: search for `hold=False`).

No, this is not automatically enough, I'm looking for an automatic way
rather than manually rewriting every expressions. In other words, I'm
looking for something like 100k lines of sage expression samples, and
then automatically generate 100k latex expressions and 100k images.
Thank you for point out the relevant code, I'll start from there!

BTW, is there anyone has idea where to find as many as sage expression samples?
im2latex-100k set is built on arxiv.org papers [1]
I built another latex formula set based on math.stackexchange.com open data [2]
Is there some place containing a lot of sage expression so I can
extract and reuse rather than constructing from scratch?

[1] https://github.com/Miffyli/im2latex-dataset/blob/master/latex_urls.txt
[2] https://archive.org/details/stackexchange

--
Regards,