Hi,

Having read the discussion, I would add a big +1 to what Thierry proposes in
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/sage-devel/fE45025Wphs/FheYtjBWAAAJ

So I guess that in terms of vote this means

|X| Yes, we should fully support OpenSSL now, and clarify the licensing
issue.

BUT following Thierry's procedure:

- check if libssl-dev (or similar) is installed on the OS
  - yes:
    - use it
  - no:
    - strongly complain about it, provide documentation on how to do it
      (possibly provide a doc that depends on the system),
    - propose 3 options:
        - "i will install openssl from the distro, and come back later
          (recommended)"
        - "i want Sage to install openssl optional package, i know that
          there will be security issues"
        - "i do not want openssl support, i know that i will not be able
          to install any R or Python package from the web"

Best wishes,

Eric.