On Apr 25, 10:21 pm, ugus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Sound pretty much like it could be. Can you take vanilla python 2.5.2
> > on your box, build from source and then check if the gdbm extension
> > compiles [I think it won't]. Can you then build gdbm from source and
> > use that version to build python? If that works it is likely to be a
> > use flag problem somehow in arch and your specific setup.
>
> Hi Michael,

Hi Osman,

> Applying the following patch to "python-2.5.2/src/setup.py" solves
> the
> problem of "dbm.so" compilation. However, running the sage still
> gives
> the same errors which should thus stem from somewhere else.

Ok. Where did you apply it and what *exactly* did you do build wise?

I would suspect you need to do the following thing:

a) cd into $SAGE_ROOT
b) source local/bin/sage/env
c) patch the python.spkg, then run ./spkg-install from its base
directory
d) cd into $SAGE_ROOT again
e) ./sage -ba
f) start sage

Have you done those things listed above? If not I would highly
recommend that you do the same thing. Since this is interactive it
might be best to meet in IRC to see if we cannot figure this out.

<SNIP>

> Cheers,
> Osman

Cheers,